The free My Smart Garden program equips Moonee Valley, Hobsons Bay and Maribyrnong City Council residents with the skills to transform their outdoor spaces into productive food gardens.
What's it all about?
My Smart Garden assists residents to adapt to a changing climate and resource scarcity by turning their outdoor spaces into productive, functional gardens. The program provides residents with the skills to:
• grow their own food, reducing their grocery bills
• shelter their homes from wind and sun, reducing their energy bills
• recycle organic wastes, reducing waste disposed to landfill
• create habitat to enhance biodiversity and reduce pesticide use
• use water wisely, reducing water bills
My Smart Garden offers free gardening workshops and other events, smart gardening information, discounts from local nurseries, a chance to win prizes and to connect with other smart gardeners.
My Smart Garden is a joint project between Moonee Valley, Hobsons Bay and Maribyrnong City Councils
Related Keywords: gardening workshops courses sustainable gardening fruit and vegetable growing composting vegie gardening permaculture teaching free event
Want to update this listing? Contact Local Harvest
A number of our Victorian listings are sourced from The Field Guide to Victorian Produce, the first comprehensive guide to Victoria's regional produce and the people that grow, make and sell it.